Hello Mina-san 🙂
This year’s Charity is the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.
Who are they?
Since 1987, the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention is focused on saving lives and bringing hope to those who are affected by suicide. 82.3% of the money they raise goes to programs to help people in need.
To achieve this mission, the AFSP:
- Fund Scientific Research
- Offer education programs for professionals
- Educate the public about mood disorders and suicide prevention
- Promote policies and legislation that impact suicide prevention
- Provide programs and resources for survivors of suicide loss and people at risk, and involve them in the work of the Foundation
How to help:
Kitsune Kon has three events this week to raise money for the AFSP:
- The Kitsune Kon Formal on Friday night
- Charity Werewolf on Friday night
- The Charity Basket Auction outside the Dealer Hall
Feel free to check out these events and help where you can.
You can also learn more about the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention at afsp.org.